4th of July Summer School

Whew! I am new to homeschooling and it is a lot of prep work for something that seems to fly by. It is interesting to watch my two girls and their different learning styles. Princess #1 loves to learn but she is not precise in her learning, she wants it quick and easy. Princess #2, who is 3 and still young, loves hands-on learning. She does not get the concept of "worksheets" yet. My biggest challenge is finding something for her "to do" that keeps her occupied long enough to have individual learning time with Princess #1. It is tough with two young ones to teach at the same time. We did it though. I do feel like our schedule is a little "off" though, I still need to tweek it I think. Princess #3 is waking up from her nap in the middle of school and wants to eat of course! Also, I want to get some individual storytime in with the girls after school but I also need time to pick up. I had put in a movie so I could pick up, but the problem with that is that they tend to fall asleep. Which would be ok but it makes them a little bit whiney during dinner because they are getting tired eariler. I would like for the naps to fall in the 2pm range and not the 12pm range which seems to be happening... oh well, like I said, tweeking... anyway here are some pictures from our 4th of July day...

Our flag savenger hunt (I hid flags all over the house for the girls to find)

Painting the flag and learning the colors Red, White and Blue also the shape "square"
Princess #2 learning to identify the letters "U" "S" and "A"
Princess #1 learning the sound of "K" , short "i" and "M"

Red, White and Blue sock sort
Princess #3 hanging out in her swing while we do school (learning to grab her toys)

No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...