Happy 8th Birthday Princess #2

My middle child, born only 15 months after the first was a ball of energy from day one.  She was born 10 days early.  Born 2 days after my grandmother's unexpected funeral (I was in labor during the funeral but that is another story).   Born into one of the most difficult times of my mommyhood.   Born between our brothers weddings, which meant bridal showers, trips across the country, and wedding prep.  Born while my Prince Charming was busy helping his parents build their dream home which was like a second job to him.  Born while grandparents were busy dealing with going from "child" to "head-of-the-family" and busy building homes.  Born to a totally spent mommy.  Now all that to say, that this the family dynamic this little princess was born into.  She spent the first three months of her life crying from painful colic and inability to nurse well. But, today though she is my most helpful, sensitive and fun-loving child.  She loves people.  She is full of energy, fiercely competitive, full of life and full of grace.  She is my child who forgives everyone, loves everyone, and is willing to do anything for anyone.  So I guess what I thought was a tough start in life was really just early proving ground for her strength and grace. I love this tough little girl! 







(Born a day earlier than her Grandma they always get to celebrate together)

No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...