May Brings Flowers or Vegetables in this House

May was a busy month here in the household.  But really is starts with April... where we celebrated Princess #3's 4th bithday.  See how proud she is!!

On each of the kids 4th birthday we buy them a real bible because it is when they start going to a children's church and sunday school class at church where they "read" their bibles.  My pray is that she would be as interested and intrigued by this book her whole life as much as she is in this picture.

I got to have lunch with my favorite goddaughter

Introduced my two littlest princesses to "Starkbucks" kids hot chocolate... a new obsession!!

Planted a window herb garden that is now not so healthy due to my lack of watering... time to start again... hopefully pictures of a healthly herb garden will follow

Our church had a baptism service where three special ladies dedicated their lives to live Christ-like...



but what captured my attention more (and this photo does not due it any justice,) is the little ladies who ran right up front to watch what was happening in the "pool".  It reminds me of our children's baby dedication service where we asked the church to be an example of Christ for our children... this is what it looks like in real life....

My helper for Saturday morning pancakes

6th annual trip to Yankee Candle with the ladies

Bi-lateral ear tubes for Princess #2 and Princess #3

And finally, the garden!! My mother's day gift from the girls and Prince Charming was the opportunity to try my hand at vegetable gardening.  This is what is looked like in May...



And this is what is looks like today (end of July)

We have green peppers

Carrots

Lettece

Beets

Tomatoes

Cukes


Beans...which don't seem to doing so well

Peas


Blueberries (which are our neighbors and they have abundantly shared)

We also have radishes and spinach but they have already come and gone. I forgot to photograph the pumpkin.  Yay!! My black thumb only seems to be on the pretty flowers variety of growing things and not the things I use in my kitchen.  We have enjoyed some yummy salads from our lettece and radishes.  I am waiting for the tomatoes to come to make spaghetti sauce... more updates to come!!

No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...