Around the Table with KJs Ladies

 I love to cook, try new recipes, watch cooking shows... all of it.  I like it so much I rarely cook the same thing twice, so I can never find the right recipe at the right time when someone says, "remember when you made...." 

So this is my attempt at keeping tracking of all those recipes I try each week.  

It is also a way for my girls to look back at what they ate when they were at home sitting around my table and hopefully someday they will want to recreate them in their homes with all their littles sitting around their table.




What will you see here:

  • weekly menus
  • links to recipes
  • a plan of action for the food I will buy and prepare this week (thus the chaos coordinator)- keep in mind it is the PLAN not the results of my cooking... the results may be a very different post.
  • suggestions for products- especially my favorite dairy free stuff
  • dairy free options- our oldest has a cow protein allergy so you will not find a lot of milk, cheese, or beef in my menus and if you do I have generally substituted with d/f options or left it out.
  • wild game recipes- we are BIG hunters/fishers and process a lot of of our own meat, just a word of caution...if you are not into that sorta thing, this may not be the site for you
  • all my recipes are made for 6-8 adult servings- teenagers (yes even girls) eat A LOT
  • Occasionally recipes from a paid recipe service called eMeals: because these not my recipes, I will not share unless I doctor it enough to really be mine, but I highly recommend them... check it out. 
  • Plan-ahead meals: I work full-time outside the home... therefore I prep on weekends for the week...sometimes... other times we eat at 8pm, and other times I fly by the seat of my pants...just depends on the day and my mood.
  • Gathering Recipes: I love, love, love to cook for a crowd.  You will often find a meal for guests on my weekly menu.
  • other random items I find interesting- it is my site after all :) 
What you will NOT see here:
  • pretty little menu planners, home binders, or artsy notebooks, etc.: straight up word document here: Blank Menu Planner
  • beautiful photos of all the food I make- I am not that ambitious, sure you will probably see some food photos cause I am a foodie and photographer but Pioneer Woman I am not. 
  • a large clean kitchen with commercial grade equipment- quite the opposite, therefore I tend NOT to take pictures of me in my old 80's dated galley kitchen.
  • pretty little "dressings" on all my food- come on, I am feeding 3 hungry teenagers, they don't care what the food looks like...just what it tastes like
  • recipes I have followed to the letter- recipes are guidelines...starting points.  I generally will mess with it in some way.
  • my own original recipe that I have come up with from scratch- again see above point- I generally start with someone else's recipe and then fuss with it to make it my own.... if that what "my original recipe" is, than sure you will see those on this site.
  • healthy foods or the newest and latest fad in foods- KALE?? really? nope not happening here.  Give me bacon, cheese, sour cream and full fat milk please.
Guess that about covers it for rules. Next post... actual menu.

No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...