Around KJ's Table: August 8th-14th

 We are home again for a few days and then on a road trip.  But for this week it is mostly normal.

Here is the menu plan: Weekly Menu Plan 08.08-08.14

First off, the kids are cooking again! But there are few mix-ups in here.  Let's start with:

Dumplings (for breakfast?): Yes! My family likes eggs but grows tired of them quickly and they are not fans of cold breakfasts.  So I researched breakfasts from other countries to try and find variety and found that asian cultures sometimes like dumplings for breakfast.  So occasionally I will buy a few boxes of frozen dumplings from the grocery store and air fry them for breakfast (most of the family is ok it- if not they can have cereal)

Homemade Hamburger Helper: My family doesn't like the boxed hamburger helper so I started researching the homemade kinds and came upon this homemade recipe.  Not only is it WAY more cost effective, I like the taste better as well. 

You may also start noticing a pattern here in my menus.  I am blessed to be near both my parents and my in-laws.   The moms will usually provide us with one-two meals a week so we can spend time together as a larger family. When school starts that gets a little bit harder with schedules but we try to make to it work.  

😉You will also see we like Chicken Patties and Chicken Nuggets for our quick "grab and go meal".  

Adios amigos/as we are outa here... going on a fun road trip to see a NASCAR race, visit colleges and see KY!


No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...