Faithful Friend

 I was three years old when one of my mom's friend brought us a LARGE chalkboard for Christmas.  I am sure she had no clue how treasured this gift would still be more than 30 years later.  When I was a girl it hung as the centerpiece of our kitchen for as long as I can remember.  I studied my spelling words on it, we wrote notes to each other on it, it held our chores for the week, we studied soccer plays on it, we played hangman and drew funny pictures on it with our friends and most importantly it was our financial IOU reminders. (you know when you borrowed $5 from mom, she wrote in the corner like this S-M $5) When Prince Charming and I bought our first home my parents took the old chalkboard down from their wall and brought over to our new abode so that it could make may memories for us.  Now it sits as the centerpiece in our kitchen as it should.  My kids practice their spelling words on it, draw funny pictures with their friends, get their weekly chores on it, we write little notes to each other on it and soon I am sure I will be teaching/coaching them something that will require an illustration and writing little IOU's on it when I don't have cash to cover something at the moment.  Here is a little peek at a few of firsts this faithful family friend as seen...


Yup that is me over 30 years ago writing my name for the first time

 Here is Princess #3 this week writing her name on the very same chalkboard for the first time.

Princess #1 was a little more elusive and I found this one day after writing a note to Prince Charming and I realized she could finally write her name (yup same chalkboard)

Princess #2 is her own woman and decided on the tradional pen and paper to write her name on her own for the first time, but I thought it would be nice to include it anyway!  :)-

No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...