Fighting March Madness Day #1

Welcome to my new series... Fighting March Madness... similar to the Days of Thankfulness in November this me finding the joy amid the madness.  (I will catch up on the first 11 days as I go)

Winter in the northeast means bitter cold! I mean nose hair freezing, eyeball sticking together, wind-whipping COLD!  It also means shoveling, snowplowing, snow tires, layers of clothing, with tanks and tanks of oil plus fires burning plus slippers plus blankets in hopes of feeling slightly warm.  It also means most activities and programs "take-time" off because nobody wants to go out in the cold.  And if you do happen to participate in an activity always plan that about a third of the days just won't happen due to weather and illness.

So as you can see this social bug stay-at-home mom DOES NOT LIKE winter months.

My least favorite it March... why do you say?  Well... January is hard no doubt but we have a few birthdays in January so that helps with getting out and something to do.  February is short and has Valentine's Day and winter break.

March?

Nada.. Nothing...B.O.R.I.N.G!!!!

Ok here is where confession time comes in... my heart is not in a very good spot right now....see this right here from Philippians 2:14-15:

""Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world

That's not me... not even close!

So... what do I do?  Move? Turn up the heat? Go on a long vacation?  Well....

No, No, wait... not what I was thinking...back on task...

None of those choices are available to me right now and instead of stewing over why not... I choose to be thankful right here instead... I choose to lead my heart...

So here it is... Reason #1 why winter isn't so bad...


Ice skating

True... winter is cold but it is cold enough to walk on water!  My kiddos got ice skates for Christmas and have enjoyed ice skating this year.  Most of the country never gets cold enough to use these but we do every year and my kiddos really like it.  It is good exercise, free to us and right in our back yard.

So today I am thankful for fun things to do with freezing water.

No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...