The Messy Teacher

I am a teacher and here's what I think I look like....


But reality strikes and I realize I am one of those "messy" kinda teachers.  Ya know the kind that if given a choice of 3-4 activities to "enhance" your subject I am always gonna pick the painting, dig in the dirt, glue lots of little pieces of paper to the paper kinda project.  I love when kids dig in a get dirty with the projects!...












 What I have trouble accepting is that while messy teachers are fun teachers, "messy" teaching creates- well, messes....








I am working on being ok with my piles.  I really am!  I am working on finding the balance between fun "messy teaching" and cleaning up after myself to create a home that is welcoming and well cared for.  It is a not an easy balance for me.  I struggle more often than I care to admit and my Prince Charming and little ladies generally get the brunt of my frustration.  

Today I am feeling a little overwhelmed with my piles of stuff and yet balancing that with my looming lack of preparation of lessons for this week.  Someday I really hope that I find a balance between what I should do and what I want to do... but for now I really need to go get cleaned up and plan some school lessons....


No comments:

Around KJ's Table: September 5th- September 11th

 Let's start out with a moment to remember It was also the first day of school this week: And back to prep-ahead meals since all my cook...